Tuesday, March 22, 2011

beat the rush!

Sometimes I get an uncontrollable urge to shop.  For me, shopping is something I like the idea of, but not the actual act of doing.  I absolutely despise taking my clothes on and off and having to carry a million and one bags plus my jacket, scarf, etc.  I also don't like lines.  Fitting room lines, cashier lines - no thank you.  And to top it all off, most of the stores I like to shop in are in the most irritating neighborhoods of this beloved island we like to call Manhattan.  Times Square (major anxiety attack), SoHo (just run me over why don't you) & Herald Square (get away from me tourists!) are places I never want to be... ever.
 
To appease my shopping woes, I have come up with a simple solution for beating the mad rush of people, getting what you want and getting the &*$%^&# out of there.

Step 1:  Sacrifice your Saturday or Sunday morning*.  WAKE UP EARLY.
*Now I'm not talking like 7am status because stores don't open until 10am anyway, but maybe start snoozing around 9am.
Step 2:  Get a huge coffee and something to eat to keep your energy and blood sugar levels high.
Step 3:  Head to your destination.  Trust me, you'll notice you're one of the first people there.
Step 4:  Grab as much as you can and get your @$$ to the dressing room before people start to filter in.
Step 5:  Pay and run out of there.

I did this yesterday in SoHo, and I was in and out of Uniqlo, H&M and Forever 21 by 12:30pm.  I was successful with 4 pieces and a bag, and I couldn't be more satisfied.  The rest of the day was mine to do whatever I wanted to, without the pressures of afternoon shopping.
Great success.

-Ice Queen

Pay My Bills - Destiny's Child

1 comment: