Tuesday, March 15, 2011

smelly cat, smelly cat

The gym is a very interesting place.  You have your "spinners", the people who you start to recognize, the class takers, the beefy Jersey shore-esc men, the ones who can afford trainers (I wish), and then a whole lot of randoms in the mix.  But let's start with January - the month of resolutions - and the month I almost am tempted to take off every year.  Everybody, and yes, I mean everybody is at the gym.  Resolutions are things that you are supposed to think up for the coming year, so why, come January 2nd - when the hangovers are gone, and you feel like starting your resolution - does everyone feel the need to pile into the gym all day, every day?  What about those of us who workout just to be healthy?  Who work out 3-4 times a week just because we want to?  I go to the gym everyday between 6 and 6:30, and my biggest pet peeve if having to wait for a treadmill because there "resolution" people decided they wanted to kick-start their workout plans for the whole month of January.  The most annoying part?  It eventually dies down and they start sporatically working out after the first week of February.

Recognizing people at the gym is the worst, especially for people like me - dubbed a "people watcher".  Obviously the gym is one of my favorite places to people watch.  Last weekend there was a girl on the treadmill who was fist pumping throughout her run, and then got so into it that she then stripped off her shirt and was just running in her sports bra and shorts... still fist pumping as if she was at Karma with Pauly D and the Situation.  Then those beefy men who are about my height (5'4") and are literally so muscular I feel as though they could beat me up with a pinky finger... they mostly resemble Ron Ron.  These guys are ripped and make the absolute weirdest noises when they lift.  "UHHHHHHHH", "OOOOOFFFFFFF".  Like, we aren't having sex at the gym....... just lifting weights people.

Then you have the smelly people.  Yes, that's right.  I don't understand the people who don't wear deodorant to the gym.  I understand that sometimes it has to do with your culture or religion, and I don't have a problem with that but then again... people sweat at the gym.  And we are in close quarters.  And the last thing I want to inhale while I'm watching Friends and reading my Kindle is your sweaty B.O.

So on that note, please wear deodorant, keep your fists to yourselves, and stop making resolutions!  Just go to the gym... because?

-Ice Queen

Kanye's Workout Plan - Kanye West

No comments:

Post a Comment