Friday, March 11, 2011

there's always another one coming

Picture this: it’s 8am and you’re on your way to work.  You have your Starbucks in hand and your sunglasses on because it’s still too early to fully face the day.  As you leisurely turn the corner you see your bus already  at the stop. A split second judgment call is made and in a valiant and somewhat commendable effort you start running in hopes of just making it ... BOOM - doors close in your face, bus speeds off, and you look like an asshole for actually sprinting and getting left behind (This is what I imagine you just looked like).

Depending on the season, now you’re either sweating or can see your breath rapidly funneling into the air (another reminder you should probably hit the gym).  Not to mention, everyone riding that bus got a good chuckle at your expense and the bus driver is now humming to himself “Another One Bites the Dust”.  Here’s my theory, young grasshopper, on running for public transportation – spare yourself. There is ALWAYS another one coming.

In my 23 and a half years of living in NYC I’ve run for my fair share of every kind of public transportation and let me tell you, I regret it 9 times out of 10. I've since come to the conclusion that spilling my coffee, potentially tripping and falling, and/or beads of sweat on my face in the early morning is just not worth it. I’d rather wait the extra 3-5 minutes, pop my head phones in, and be the first one to casually board the next bus that arrives.  There’s a better chance you’ll get a seat, and guaranteed you won’t look and feel like an idiot. "Another One Bites The Dust" is not a phrase, saying, or song you want applied to you under any circumstance, so trust in my theory - there is always another one coming. Just lookin' out.

peace.love.BossBitch



Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

3 comments:

  1. Tillie, loved the guest post you did on Bun&Borough! So glad you've started a blog, I already love reading about yours and Ilana's NYC adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't agree more. tho i imagine i'll still run after the M79, that devil..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hillarious! I've definitely had this happen once or twice. Especially on the subway.
    Love your blog doll definitely following!
    Have a great day :)
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete