Last year, during the first weekend of April, I was sipping Corona's on the roof of The Frying Pan. For those of you who don't know what The Frying Pan is, essentially it is the best place to be when that warm spring weather hits and all you want to do is be outside, day drinking with your friends. The beer, the sun, good company and awesome food = a recipe for great success and an amazing way to say PEACE OUT WINTER, HELLO SUMMER (oh how I've missed you).
Alas, this year, the first weekend of April will [supposedly] start off with RAIN on Friday, SNOW/RAIN mix (only the best... not) on Saturday, and then a possible chance of 50 degrees with some sun on Sunday. L-A-M-E.
I don't know what it is. Global warming? Ice caps? A non-existant heat wave? But this winter has been cold, bitter, cruel, snow-filled, rain-infested and down right depressing. Sure we had some nice days in the beginning and middle of March, but March into April is supposed to be the beginning of consistently warmer weather, maybe some rain showers here and there - but essentially leading in to my personal favorite season - spring. Don't get me wrong. I love rain in the spring or summer. There is nothing like being in a tshirt, shorts and flip flops running through the rain on the streets of NYC. But I do not love rain in the winter, let alone in March. According to my calendar, the first day of spring was on March 21st... that was 10 days ago, so why are we still getting weather warnings for snowstorms?!
I'm saying goodbye to March. Here and now. Adios amigos. Sayonara bitches. Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back. Tomorrow marks my first day of Spring. Here's to warm weather, cocktails, half day Fridays and all that's in between.
-Ice Queen
Umbrella - Rihanna
I'm saying goodbye to March. Here and now. Adios amigos. Sayonara bitches. Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back. Tomorrow marks my first day of Spring. Here's to warm weather, cocktails, half day Fridays and all that's in between.
-Ice Queen
Umbrella - Rihanna

I just got back from lunch and it is bitter outside. I celebrated my birthday at the Frying Pan over the summer. fun times.
ReplyDelete